During a typical appointment, we thoroughly wash our hands and sanitize procedure stations as well as common areas. We sanitize the equipment and procedure stations with Cavacide and reinforce with Virex. Both solutions are anti-microbial solutions which kill pathogenic bacterium and viruses. After washing hands again, we wear protective nitrile gloves to set up procedure tray. All equipment is covered with a protective barrier. This barrier is disposed after each use. All disposable items are used one time only and disposed of immediately after the procedure is completed. We proceed to sanitize the equipment and procedure stations again with Cavacide and reinforce with Virex after the procedure is completed.
New guidelines for artists to help prevent the spread of Covid-19:
New guidelines for clients to prevent the spread of Covid-19:
Prior to re-opening:
· Janitorial Services will be preparing the salon for re-opening by conducting a deep clean and disinfecting all porous surfaces as well as sanitizing non-porous surfaces of the salon.
· Hand sanitizing stations will be placed at the main salon entrance and other locations, as necessary.
· A sign will be posted on the main salon entry door with social guidelines for all beauty professionals and guests/clients to adhere to.
After re-opening and continuously thereafter:
Once salon operations commence, the following will be put in place to keep the entire salon safe and clean.
Sanitization and Disinfection:
· Janitorial services will continue to disinfect all surfaces and door handles on a frequent basis.
· HVAC Fitting Ultra-Violet Light Technology:
In order to further protect our salon environment, we have modified our HVAC system by installing UV Lights in the ductwork or near the AC coils. Ultra-Violet light destroys microbes like mold, bacteria, fungi, mildew, mold spores, viruses and other pathogens.
· Salon Managers will be “Barbicide Certified” with regard to general salon sanitization/disinfection policies and best practices to ensure safety around the reception and store areas.
· All Artists will be asked to conduct any verbal screening or temperature check of their clients prior to allowing them entry into the salon.
· A sign will be posted at the salon door/s informing the clients of the above policy.
· The front door will remain locked from the outside during all hours.
No “walk-in” clientele looking to receive a service will be allowed access into the salon. All appointments for services must be scheduled in advance.
· Hallway seating areas will be re-arranged to abide by social distancing requirements, meaning that only single chairs/benches will be available within each current seating area, and all seats will be placed at least 6 feet away from one another.
· Large lounging areas will be temporarily unavailable for seating to prevent multiple people from sitting in too close a vicinity from one another – these seating areas’ couches/chairs will be wrapped in a plastic covering to temporarily prohibit use.
Per Salon Republic ‘Property Rules’, only dogs under 40lbs and over the age of 1 year, are generally allowed to visit the salon, except where Service Dogs are concerned, and all dogs must be leashed when entering/exiting the salon.
It has been confirmed that dogs can contract the COVID-10 virus. Per the experts, no evidence currently suggests that dogs can transmit the virus, however it is best to err on the side of caution as it also has not yet been proven that they can not.
We are certified by Barbicide Blue to prepare for the transition of getting back into the salon following the COVID-19 pandemic.